One of the drinks I missed so much from Starbucks was their Peppermint Mocha’s. That is until today. 🙂 A FB friend of mine shared a picture of a frozen sugar free Peppermint Mocha Frapp and I asked her to share her ingredients with me. I changed only one due to the fact I didn’t have what she had. I blended the ingredients and then warmed it on the stove, topped it with FF Ready whip, dusted it with cocoa and voila!
Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Heaven!
I made a drink big enough to share, or to sip yourself all afternoon. It was such a cozy drink. I sat by my hubby while we finished our movie from last night and my senses danced in a minty stupor. It was delightful.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Erythritol
- Pure white stevia (to taste. I used approx. 5 sprinkles)
- 3-4 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1/2 scoop Swanson’s vanilla protein powder
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract (depending on how pepperminty you want it 😉
- a dash of salt
- 1 heaping tsp. of granulated instant espresso
1. Mix all ingredients in your blender. I have a vitamix and did this part on low since it was during nap time. I just wanted to break down the powders and it worked on low.
2. Taste and see if or what you might want to add more of.
3. When you’re happy with the taste, pour into a sauce pan and warm until desired heat. You can also use a microwave, of course,
4. Pour into a cup, add some FF Ready Whip and dust the top with cocoa.