I’ve said it before on my old blog ‘Raising Godly Daughters,’ and I believe it bares repeating. I struggle with E meals. There I said it again.
E meals just aren’t as fun for me for some reason. Maybe it’s because my husband has no interest in them. hmmm I might be on to something. LOL Anywho, I took some time and tried to figure out how to take some of our family meals and turn them into E meals for me and crossovers for everyone else.
Thus my ‘Enchilada Chicken over Rice,’ was born. It’s ridiculously easy and perfect for someone who either has no time to cook or has a job and is exhausted when they come home from work. It’s also perfect for homeschooling mama’s like me who are just plain tired some days.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lg. can of Enchilada sauce (or you can make your own. If you do I’d love the recipe!)
- Cooked brown rice
- Shredded cheddar
- 0% Fat Greek Yogurt (or sour cream if you’re not a THMer)
- black olives (optional)
- Salt and pepper or my favorite, Tony Cachere seasoning
K, here’s the nitty gritty of the recipe. Are you ready?
- Season chicken and put in slow cooker (smile. You’re almost done for now)
- Open can of enchilada sauce and pour over chicken. (tired yet? lol)
- Close slow cooker, put it on high for 6 hours or low for 10 (you will have crazy tender chicken)
When it’s done, serve on 3/4 cup brown rice. Add just a wee sprinkle of cheese. (not too much or it will be a cross over) or a couple of olive slices. This is also super yummy with a dollop of 0% fat Greek Yogurt.