I am a sucker for a healthy meal that not only looks beautiful but also tastes great. And this one right here hits the nail on the head on both counts. It’s beautiful and so yummy! I walk away from my table feeling totally satisfied and I love it!
Today I’m going to share the recipe with you!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Seasonings of choice (I use Himalayan Sea Salt, Organic Black Pepper, and Organic Garlic. You can use anything you’d like.)
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (you can use any cheese you like)
- Optional 2 Tbsp Refined Coconut Oil- (if frying ground turkey breast)
- Extra coconut oil to saute the onions in
- Olive oil
- Brown turkey in a frying pan on medium-high heat. When it’s starting to turn brown add the onion and continue to cook until the turkey meat is fully cooked. By the time the turkey is cooked the onions should be soft and clear. (Use an oil to cook the turkey if you are using turkey breast.)
- Clean the portabella mushrooms. Cut out the “meat” or “stock” from the center of the mushroom to create a bowl.
- Cut your tomatoes into slices. (The thickness is all up to you.)
- Lay the mushrooms on a baking sheet or baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Fill them with your meat mixture.
- Add 1-2 slices of tomato to the top of the mushroom. Sprinkle a light layer of salt on them.
- Top mushrooms with mozzarella.
- Add 1 Tbsp of green onion to each mushroom.
- Bake at 375 deg F for 10-15 minutes.