Sometimes God likes to surprise us just like He did with me this past July.
On July 4th we found out we were pregnant. On July 8th we said goodbye to that little baby who left almost as quick as it came.
When my birthday, July 22, rolled around I was pretty sad yet I knew what I would do. Despite the fact that I wanted to do nothing, I thought about my daughters and how the miscarriage had affected them. Even though the baby wasn’t here with us but a blink of an eye, my girls were really sad. Just the idea of another sibling thrills them!
The loss of one was a blow.
So on my birthday we all piled into our vehicle and drove to Babies R’ Us. I told my daughters that I wanted to give them a gift on my birthday… the gift of hope.
I told them that we would all go into Babies R’ Us and pick out a baby outfit. I also told them that we wouldn’t know whether God would bless me with another baby but that I was sure that one of their babies would be able to wear the outfit we chose together as a family. They all cheered and had a blast picking an outfit for who knows what baby that will one day be in our family, each one excited that it might be theirs. lol
That day when I was sad we celebrated life… a life we haven’t even met yet, but with hope in God that one day we would.
Now here’s where it gets interesting.
Exactly two weeks later I took a pregnancy test and what I saw had my jaw on the floor. There before me were not one, but two pink lines, again. Only this time the test line appeared to be darker than the last time.
I was in shock.
Hubby and I happily shared the news with the girls and we all prayed.
And a few weeks later we saw this…
Our little baby measured 8wks and 3 days here.
What a blessing!
And even more so… when I realized that I had conceived this little baby on my birthday I was in shock once again. You see, on the day I was giving my daughters the gift of hope, Jesus was giving me the same gift, only He was way more quiet about it than I was. I could only imagine the smile on His beautiful face as He watched me when I realized what He had given me for my birthday!
I am so blessed to be a daughter of the King!
I’m 10 weeks today, Monday the 15th. My morning sickness is still going strong but I am praying that I will start seeing glimpses of nausea free days soon.
1. Ginger Chews, Bubbies Pickles and Sauerkraut, and Trim Healthy Mama’s Good Girl Moonshine are currently filling my days.
2. I’m the sickest at night, just like my mom was with me. Insomnia is a new acquaintance and so is Unisom. For a natural girl who doesn’t take medicine you have to know it’s bad when I take anything.
3. We all got sick and my mother passed away. Crying all the time and a bad cold are not helpful for morning sickness… at all.
4. Beings this is my 12th pregnancy I can no longer fit in any of my pants. :/
Now I just look fat. lol
5. We’ve been blessed and were able to hear our little baby’s heartbeat on my Doppler. Talk about exciting! It didn’t make me any less sick but it sure made me aware once again of why I feel so bad and what a great reason!
6. I’m only craving foods from the south that Idaho knows nothing about… go figure.
7. I prefer salty to sweet right now.
8. I feel great when I’m eating, not so much after.
9. I can’t stand the smell of any of my essential oils. 🙁 This is depressing!
10. I can’t stand the smell of mint or lemons and I have resorted to brushing my teeth with baking soda.
May God bless this baby growing peacefully in my womb!